The first product of its type to undergo full-scale cyclic research testing to determine its load capacities in real-world conditions, the SCS is a hybrid clip designed specifically to allow both slide-clip or fixed-clip applications in areas of high seismic activity. Everything about the SCS clip — from its heavy-duty 10- and 12-gauge steel manufacturing to its strategically placed darts to the location of its fastener slots and holes — has been engineered to provide exceptional resistance to in-plane seismic loads. Because slide-clip testing shows that attachment at the first slot is most critical to in-plane capacity, the SCS is designed to accommodate two large washer screws (included) at the first slot attached to the stud.
The SCS clip is the most versatile clip on the market making it the ideal clip in seismic and non-seismic areas. This clip has three prepunched oblong slots for slide applications and a pattern of round holes for fixed-clip applications to meet a range of load needs. In addition, the support leg features anchor holes for concrete supports using 1/4″- or 1/2″-diameter concrete screws or bolts, plus smaller holes for steel supports using powder-actuated fasteners such as Simpson Strong-Tie® PDPAT 0.157″-diameter pins or #12 self-drilling Strong-Drive® XL Large-Head Metal screws.
- The clips come in lengths of 3 1/2″, 6″ and 8″
- Slide slots used with shouldered washer screws (included) allow a full 1″ of vertical deflection
- Precision-located stiffeners enhance strength while allowing ductility
- Simpson Strong-Tie No-Equal® stamps alongside slide slots indicate proper screw placement
- Dual-function clip with prepunched slots for slide application and small round holes for fixed application
- 12 ga. (97 mil) and 10 ga. (118 mil), 50 ksi
- Galvanized (G90)
- SCS32-5 permits 1″ maximum standoff for fixed applications and 1 1/2″ maximum for slide applications. SCS62-5 and SCS82-5 maximum standoff are 2 1/4″ for fixed-applications and 3″ slide applications.
- Use the specified type and number of anchors.
- Slide applications — Use the specified number of XLSH78B1414 #14 shoulder screws (included). Install the screws in the slots adjacent to the No-Equal stamps.
- Fixed applications — Use the specified number of #10 screws (not included) in the designated screw holes.