Self-Drilling Wafer-Head Screw with Wings
- #2 Phillips drive.
- Machine-screw thread, threaded full length.
- Wings above drill point provide clearance hole in work piece so it won’t climb up the shank; wings break off as point engages the steel substrate.
- #3 drill point.
- Type 410 stainless steel is coated for additional corrosion protection.
- Type 410 stainless steel can be hardened through heat treatment, giving it the ability to drill through metal. It does not offer the same level of corrosion resistance of either Type 316 or 305 stainless steel.
- Attach plywood and OSB panels to steel studs
- Hardened stainless-steel fasteners should not be used with steel framing in environments with high humidity, condensation or other moisture that will be present at the dissimilar-metal interface
- These products are subject to quantities on hand or may require special ordering and are subject to minimum order quantities and longer lead times. Call Simpson Strong‑Tie for details (800) 999-5099.