The SP1 and SP2 are designed as stud-to-plate connections to resist uplift. The SP1 is designed for sill-to-stud connections while the SP2 is for the double-top-plate-to-stud connection. These stud plate ties feature angled holes for a positive connection from the stud to the plates.
- Features embossments that strengthen the stud-to-plate connection
- Designed to resist wind and seismic forces
- Can be used before or after installation including in retrofit applications
- 20 gauge
- Galvanized. Available with ZMAX® coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- One of the 0.148″ x 3″ stud nails is driven at a 45° angle through the stud into the plate