SSTB® Anchor Bolt
The SSTB anchor bolt is designed for maximum performance as an anchor bolt for holdowns and Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Wall® shearwalls. Extensive testing has been done to determine the design load capacity of the SSTB when installed in many common applications.
The Simpson Strong-Tie SSTB anchor bolts are code listed by ICC-ES under the 2012, 2015 and 2018 IBC® and IRC®.
- Identification on the bolt head showing embedment angle and model
- Offset angle reduces side bursting, and provides more concrete cover
- Rolled thread for higher tensile capacity
- Stamped embedment line aids installation
- Available in HDG for additional corrosion resistance
- ASTM F-1554, Grade 36
- None. May be ordered HDG; contact Simpson Strong-Tie.
- SSTB is suitable for monolithic and two-pour concrete applications.
- Nuts and washers for holdown attachment are not supplied with the SSTB; install standard nuts, couplers and/or washers as required.
- On HDG SSTB anchors, chase the threads to use standard nuts or couplers or use overtapped products in accordance with ASTM A563, for example Simpson Strong-Tie NUT5/8-OST, NUT7/8-OST, CNW5/8-OST, CNW7/8-OST.
- Install SSTB before the concrete pour using AnchorMate® anchor bolt holders. Install the SSTB per the plan view detail.
- Minimum concrete compressive strength is 2,500 psi.
- When rebar is required it does not need to be tied to the SSTB.
- Order SSTBL models (example: SSTB16L) for longer thread length (16L = 5 1/2″, 20L = 6 1/2″, 24L = 6″, 28L = 6 1/2″). SSTB and SSTBL load values are the same. SSTB34 and SSTB36 feature 4 1/2″ and 6 1/2″ of thread respectively and are not available in “L” versions.CMU
- One horizontal #4 rebar in the second course.
- One vertical #4 rebar in adjacent cell for 5/8″-diameter SSTB.
- One vertical #4 rebar in an adjacent cell and additional vertical #4 rebar(s) at 24″ o.c. max. for 7/8″-diameter SSTBs (2 total vertical rebars for end wall corner, 3 total vertical rebars for midwall).For two-pour (4″ slab) installation loads:
- When using the SSTB20, use the equivalent loads of the SSTB16.
- When using the SSTB24, use the equivalent loads of the SSTB20.
- When using the SSTB34 or 36, use the equivalent loads of the SSTB28.