For alignment control between a roof truss and nonbearing walls; the 1 1/2″ slot permits vertical truss chord movement when loads are applied.
- 18 gauge (43 mil)
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Use STC or DTC depending on required loads. STC, installed with DS drywall stop, helps prevent fasteners tearing through the ceiling drywall (see installation illustration).
- Use STCT where truss or rafter is separated from the top plate of the nonbearing wall.
- Install slot nails in the middle of the slot.
- Products not intended for floor applications due to the frequency of floor joist deflections and potential for squeaks.