The Steel Strong-Wall first-floor wall connection kit is a complete solution for first-story wood floor systems. The kit facilitates the use of Steel Strong-Wall shearwalls on wood floor systems. The kit includes everything needed to simplify the connection between the walls.
- Ensures a simplified installation to provide superior performance
- Minimizes modifications to wood floor systems
- (1) shear-transfer plate (with #14 self-drilling screws), (2) 3/4″ or 1″ x 18″ threaded rods F1554 Grade 36, (2) coupler nuts, (2) heavy hex nuts and installation instructions.
- Drill or notch subfloor to allow compression nuts to sit flush with underside of Steel Strong-Wall (SSW)
- Assemble coupler nuts and compression nuts to threaded rods
- Attach threaded rod assembly to anchor bolts in the concrete foundation
- Install solid blocking under center and each end of SSW per designer
- Place SSW over threaded rod and secure with anchor nuts included in SSW kit
- Attach shear transfer plate to SSW with supplied #14 self-drilling screws, and to rim joist with 0.148″ x 3″ nails
- Complete assembly with A34 angles (sold separately) per designer
- Attach SSW to top plates or header with Strong-Drive® SDS screws (supplied)