The Steel Strong-Wall shearwall is a prefabricated, steel panel that helps structures resist lateral forces such as those created by earthquakes and high winds. Designed with easy installation in mind, the Steel Strong-Wall features some of the highest allowable loads in the industry. This code-listed shearwall is suitable for residential construction.
- Fewer anchor bolts and fasteners coupled with easy access to the top and bottom of the wall result in more efficient installation
- An easy-to-use anchor-bolt template for concrete contractors
- Preattached wood studs and predrilled holes where framers and electricians need them for wiring
- Installations on concrete foundations including standard, garage portal systems, balloon framing and two-story stacked. First-story wood floor systems. Cold-formed steel applications on concrete foundations.
- Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector Screws, nuts and installation instructions
- Vertical panel — 10 gauge
- Vertical panel — galvanized
- Top and base plates — Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint