The stainless-steel Strong-Drive SD Connector SS screw (SD SS) is specifically designed to replace nails in certain Simpson Strong-Tie® stainless-steel connectors. The load-rated SD SS screw has been tested and approved for use in many popular Simpson Strong-Tie products. In certain applications screws are easier and more convenient to install than nails, and the single-fastener load values achieved by the SD SS screw exceed those of typical 10d common nails. In addition, the Type 316 stainless steel provides excellent corrosion resistance appropriate for severe-exposure environments.
- Specifically designed to replace nails in certain Simpson Strong-Tie stainless-steel connectors and is the only screw approved for that application. The #9 SD SS screws replace 10d nails.
- The single-fastener load capacity of the #9 SD SS exceeds the capacity of a 10d common nail.
- Tested and approved for use in many of our most popular stainless-steel connectors for both interior and exterior applications.
- Ideal for use in connector applications where more control is desired or using a hammer is inconvenient.
- 1/4″ hex head with 0.37″-dia. integrated washer is stamped with the Simpson Strong-Tie “≠” sign and the fastener size for easy identification after installation.
- Shank is specifically designed to match the fastener holes in Simpson Strong-Tie connectors.
- Hex driver included.
- The load-rated SD SS screw has been tested and approved for use in many popular Simpson Strong-Tie stainless-steel connector products. Refer to the Strong-Drive SD Connector SS screw table to see which fasteners are compatible with Simpson Strong-Tie connectors.