The Simpson Strong-Tie Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screw is a 1/4″-diameter high-strength structural screw ideal for various connector installations as well as wood-to-wood and engineered wood applications. It installs with no predrilling and has been extensively tested in various applications. The SDS is improved with an easy-driving Type-17 point and a corrosion-resistant double-barrier coating.
The SDS Strong-Drive 1/4″ wood screw line has expanded to include stainless-steel SDS screws in 1 1/2″ to 3 1/2″ lengths, suitable for fastening Simpson Strong-Tie stainless-steel products. Offering the same easy-driving, split-reducing installation of the standard SDS screw, these screws are made from Type 316 stainless steel. The stainless-steel SDS screws are appropriate for higher-exposure environments where maximum corrosion-resistance is required.
- Available with a double-barrier coating and Type 316 stainless steel
- Type-17 point (coated and stainless versions) enable easy driving with no predrilling and minimal wood splitting
- 3/8″ hex head with 0.48″ integrated washer
- Head is stamped with the Simpson Strong-Tie “≠” sign and fastener length for easy identification after installation
- Replacement driver bit — BITHEXR38-134
- Heavy-duty Simpson Strong‑Tie connectors
- Install Tip: A low-speed 1/2″ drill with a 3/8″ hex driver is the recommended tool for installation
- SDS25312SS-R25L, SDS25312-R25L and SDS25500-R25L packaged in a ledger-specific box with 3/8″ hex-driver bit