The Strong-Wall wood shearwall multistory wall connection kit is designed to be a complete solution for two-story stacked applications. The kit works with Strong-Wall wood shearwalls to resist lateral forces. The Strong-Wall wood shearwall multi-story wall connection kit offers simplified installation and includes the holdowns, bearing block and nuts and washers necessary to join the upper and lower WSW walls.
- Simplified installation provides superior performance
- (2) holdowns with preattached bolts; (2) standard hex nuts and flat washers; LSL bearing block; installation instructions
- Install the lower WSW wall per standard installation procedure.
- Align the LSL bearing block with the lower WSW wall on the top plates.
- Place the WSW-MSK holdowns over the bearing block.
- Attach the WSW-MSK holdown to the lower WSW wall using 0.148″ x 2 1/2″ (min. length) nails. Nails not supplied with kit.
- Install upper WSW wall over preattached bolts on the WSW-MSK holdown and attach with nuts and washers. Note that upper and lower WSW walls must be of the same width.