The Strong-Wall wood shearwall is a prefabricated, engineered-wood panel that helps structures resist lateral forces such as those created by earthquakes and high winds. This code-listed shearwall is suitable for residential, multi-family and light-frame commercial construction and in balloon-framing applications up to 20′ in height. Designed with easy installation in mind, this wood shearwall is field adjustable with the ability to be trimmed and drilled onsite.
- Narrow panel widths provide significantly high allowable loads
- Designed for easy anchor bolt installation and inspection
- Reusable templates locate the required holdown anchor bolts accurately in the foundation for easy installation
- Standard and balloon framing; garage portal systems; first story floor systems; and two-story stacked-on concrete foundations
- Top-of-wall shear transfer plates; nuts; washers; installation instructions
- Vertical panel — TimberStrand® LSL
- Holdowns at the bottom — powder-coated orange; top-of-wall connection plates — G90 galvanized