The SUR/L1.81, 2.06, 2.1, 2.37, 2.56 and HSUR/L series are 45° skewed hangers designed specifically to ease the installation of single and double I-joists. In addition to featuring positive-angle nailing, these hangers encapsulate the top flange of the I-joist, so no web stiffeners are required for standard installation.
The full range of 45° skewed hangers feature obround nail holes on the acute side, allowing nails to be easily installed parallel to the joist. Installation is further simplified with no required bevel cuts.
- SUR and SUL — 16 gauge; HSUR and HSUL — 14 gauge
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners. See General Notes.
- Illustrations show left and right skews SUR/L (SUR = skewed right; SUL = skewed left).
- The joist end may be square cut or bevel cut.
- Fill all round and obround nail holes with specified fasteners to achieve table loads. Where noted, triangle holes in the joist flange may be filled for additional uplift capacity.
- For I-joists with flanges less than 1 5/16″, web stiffeners are required for all double joist hangers when using hangers that are 14 gauge and lighter.
- These hangers cannot be modified but will accommodate a 40° to 50° skewed joist.
- Available with the A2 flange turned in on (2) 2x and 4x models only (see illustration in the image gallery). For example, specify HSURC410, HSULC410, SURC210-2 or SULC210-2.