Designed for I-joists, the THAI has extra-long straps and can be field-formed to give height adjustability and top-flange hanger convenience. Positive-angle nailing helps eliminate splitting of the I-joist’s bottom flange.
- THAI-2 — 14 gauge; all others — 18 gauge
- Factory-order the THAI-2 for hanger width needed. See table for allowable widths.
- Use all specified fasteners. Verify that the header can take the fasteners specified in the table.
- Web stiffeners are required for all I-joists used with these hangers.
- When a total of 20 face nails are used in THAI straps, or 30 face nails are used in THAI-2 straps, the maximum load-carrying capacity is achieved.
- Reduce load given by allowable nail shear capacity for each nail less than maximum.
- A minimum nailing configuration is shown for top nailing installations. The strap must be field-formed over the top of the header by a minimum of 2 1/2″.
- Uplift — lowest face nails must be filled to achieve uplift loads.