These high-capacity, welded hangers are designed for attaching multi-ply girder trusses. The THGB series offers optional installation with Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws, and the bolted THGBH and THGW hangers offer higher design loads. See the THGQ/THGQH series for a lower-cost alternative that uses Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws instead of bolts and offers high-load capacities.
- 3 gauge
- Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- All multiple members must be fastened together to act as a single unit
- Maximum 11 7/8″ bottom chord in the carrying member to allow for the minimum bolt end distance
- Bolts must be installed symmetrically when using fewer than eight bolts on the eight-bolt backplate
- Girders must be adequately laterally braced to prevent excessive displacement due to secondary torsional stresses (Ref ANSI/TPI 1-2014 Section 22.214.171.124)
- THGB/THGBH hangers can be skewed to a maximum of 45°. The maximum allowable down load and uplift load for skew is 0.87 of the table load.
- THGB/THGBH backplates can be extended to allow for up to a 6″ dropped bucket.
- Allowable loads are 100% of the table loads.
- Order as “X” version, specify the total backplate height, BK_PLT, equal to the hanger height (H) plus the dropped bucket amount (db). Ex: a THGBV3.62 /9 with a 4″ dropped bucket would have a total backplate height of 27 1/4″.