An extension of the THGB/THGBH/THGW series, these high-capacity hangers are designed for attaching two-ply, three-ply or four-ply sized structural composite lumber (SCL) to a girder truss. The THGBV offers optional installation with Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws, while the bolted THGBHV and THGWV offer higher load capacities. Two bucket heights are available for each width to accommodate a range of SCL sizes. Options for skewing or dropping the buckets for conditions where the SCL joist is lower than the girder bottom chord provide additional design flexibility for a variety of SCL-to-truss connections.
- 3 gauge
- Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- All multiple members must be fastened together to act as a single unit.
- Maximum 11 7/8″ bottom chord in the carrying member to allow for the minimum bolt end distance.
- Bolts must be installed symmetrically when using fewer than eight bolts on the eight-bolt backplate.
- Girders must be adequately laterally braced to prevent excessive displacement due to secondary torsional stresses (Ref. ANSI/TPI 1-2014 Section 22.214.171.124).
- Shall be attached to a two-ply girder truss to allow for required minimum screw penetration. Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws require a minimum two-ply (3″) carrying member.
- THGBV/THGBHV hangers can be skewed to a maximum of 45°.
- The maximum allowable download and uplift load for skew is 0.87 of the table load.
- THGBV/THGBHV backplates can be extended to allow for up to a 6″ dropped bucket.
- Allowable loads are 100% of the table loads.
- Order as “X” version, specify the total backplate height, BK_PLT, equal to the hanger height (H) plus the dropped bucket amount (db). Ex: a THGBV3.62/9 with a 4″ dropped bucket would have a total backplate height of 27 1/4″.