The THJM is a non-welded hanger designed to carry radial-end jack framing and provide optimal efficiency for those multi-plane, angled bay roofs over breakfast, study and library alcoves. The unique patent-pending design of the THJM accommodates 2×4 girder bottom chords and uses our Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws for easy installation with minimal fasteners.
- The THJM hangers are designed for installation with 1/4″ x 3″ Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws that are included with the parts.
- The THJM2-4-SDS3 is designed for four incoming jack trusses with the outer jacks being 22 1/2° from the face of the girder and the inner jacks being 45° from each other and the outer jacks.
- The THJM2-5-SDS3 is designed for five jacks coming into the hanger at 30° from the girder and each other.
- Tabs on the seats of the THJM assist in the placement of the jacks and also include obround holes for optional slant nails (0.148″ x 1 1/2″) when increased uplift is required.
- 12 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Each carried jack truss requires one 1/4″ x 3″ Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screw installed into the bottom chord through the bottom of the hanger seat
- For installation on girders with 2×6 or 2×8 bottom chords, install one additional 1/4″ x 3″ Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screw in the triangular hole on each vertical strap
- Install two 0.148″ x 1 1/2″ slant nails in the obround holes on each of the seat tabs to achieve the additional uplift load noted in the table footnotes