The Simpson Strong-Tie tie-wire anchor is a wedge-style expansion anchor for use in normal-weight concrete or in concrete over metal deck. With a tri-segmented, dual-embossed clip, the tie-wire anchor is ideal for the installation of acoustic ceiling grid and is easily set with the claw of a hammer.
- 1/4″ eyelet for easy threading of wire
- Sets with claw of hammer
- Tri-segmented clip — each segment adjusts independently to hole irregularities
- Dual embossments on each clip segment enable the clip to undercut into the concrete, increasing follow-up expansion
- Wedge-style expansion anchor for use in normal weight concrete or concrete over metal deck
- Carbon steel
- Zinc plated
- Drill a hole at least 1 1/2″ deep using a 1/4″-diameter carbide tipped bit.
- Drive the anchor into the hole until the bottom of the head is flush with the base material.
- Set the anchor by prying/pulling the head with the claw end of the hammer.