The Titen HD is a high-strength screw anchor for use in cracked and uncracked concrete, as well as masonry. The Titen HD offers low installation torque and outstanding performance. The Titen HD (carbon steel) is designed for use in dry, interior, noncorrosive environments or temporary outdoor applications, while the Titen HD Type 316 stainless-steel option offers you long-lasting corrosion resistance for unsurpassed peace of mind. Titen HD offers industry-leading performance even in seismic and wind-governed conditions. The countersunk head style is for applications that require a flush-mount profile.
- Qualified for static and seismic loading conditions
- Standard fractional sizes, hole size same as anchor size
- No special drill bit required — designed to install using standard-sized ANSI tolerance drill bits
- Removable — ideal for temporary anchoring or applications where fixtures may need to be moved
- 6-lobe drive reduces driver-bit cam-outs, resulting in easier installation
- Countersunk head allows screw anchor applications incompatible with a hex head
- Available in 1/4″ and 3/8″ diameters
- Driver bit included in each box
- Available in carbon steel (zinc plated) and Type 316 stainless steel
- Drill a hole in the base material using a carbide drill bit the same diameter as the nominal diameter of the anchor to be installed. Drill the hole to the specified embedment depth plus minimum hole depth overall (see table below) to allow the thread tapping dust to settle, and blow it clean using compressed air. (Overhead installations need not be blown clean.) Alternatively, drill the hole deep enough to accommodate embedment depth and the dust from drilling and tapping.
- Insert the anchor through the fixture and into the hole.
- Tighten the anchor into the base material until the bottom of the countersunk head contacts the fixture.
|Titen HD Diameter (in.)||Drive Type||Recommended Fixture Hole Size (in.)||Min. Hole Depth Overdrill (in.)|
|Suggested fixture hole sizes are for structural steel thicker than 12 gauge only. Larger holes are not required for wood or thinner cold-formed steel members.|
|1/4||T30||3/8 to 7/16||1/8|
|3/8||T50||1/2 to 9/16||1/4|
- Holes in metal fixtures to be mounted should match the diameter specified in the table above
- Use a Titen HD screw anchor one time only — installing the anchor multiple times may result in excessive thread wear and reduce load capacity
- Do not use impact wrenches to install into hollow CMU
- Oversized holes in base material will reduce or eliminate the mechanical interlock of the threads with the base material and reduce the anchor’s load capacity