The Titen HD threaded rod hanger is a high-strength screw anchor designed to suspend threaded rod from concrete slabs, beams or concrete over metal in order to hang pipes, cable trays and other HVAC equipment. The anchor offers low installation torque with no secondary setting, and has been tested to offer industry-leading performance in cracked and uncracked concrete — even in seismic loading conditions.
- Thread design undercuts to efficiently transfer the load to the base material
- Serrated cutting teeth and thread design enable quick and easy installation
- Specialized heat-treating process creates tip hardness to facilitate cutting while the anchor body remains ductile
- Designed to install using a rotary hammer or hammer drill with standard ANSI drill bits — no special tools required
- Installs with standard-sized sockets
- Code listed for cracked and uncracked concrete applications under the 2015, 2012 and 2009 IBC/IRC, per ICC-ES ESR-2713
- FM listed
- Carbon steel
- Zinc plated
- Drill a hole using the specified diameter carbide bit into the base material to the specified embedment depth plus minimum hole depth overdrill (see the product data table).
- Blow the hole clean of dust and debris using compressed air.
- Install with a torque wrench, driver drill, hammer drill or cordless impact wrench.
- Fully insert threaded rod.
- Oversized holes in the base material will reduce or eliminate the mechanical interlock of the threads with base material and will reduce the anchor’s load capacity.
- Use a Titen HD rod hanger one time only. Installing the anchor multiple times may result in excessive thread wear and reduce load capacity.