Ideal where there is minimum vertical clearance, the URFP universal retrofit foundation plate provides a retrofit method to secure the mudsill to the foundation. This design allows installation flexibility when the mudsill is offset or inset from the foundation edge. With its combination of longitudinal embossments, stiffening darts and scalloped slotted holes, the URFP allows for a one-for-one replacement of 1/2″ or 5/8″ mudsill anchors as well as fixity to both the SDS screws and required concrete anchorage.
The FRFP flat retrofit foundation plate connects the mudsill to the foundation and provides lateral load resistance. This design allows the Designer to maintain prescriptive requirements when filling three holes, or as an alternate, fill the two optional triangle holes and Designers can utilize increased loads and greater allowable spacing.
- URFP — 14 gauge; FRFP — 7 gauge
- Galvanized. May be ordered HDG; contact Simpson Strong-Tie. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Loads are based on test results using 1/4″ x 3″ Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws, which are supplied with the URFP.
- For URFP, alternate lag screws will not achieve published loads.
- FRFP shall use a minimum Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screw length of 2 1/2″ plus the shim thickness. FRFP may be installed with 1/4″ HDG lag screws. Follow code requirements for predrilling.