The VGT is a moderate- to high-load girder tiedown for hybrid wood-to-cold-formed-steel applications. This variable-pitch tiedown uses Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws for a secure connection. The VGT features a predeflected crescent washer that allows it to accommodate top-chord pitches up to 8/12.
- Accommodates truss pitches up to 8/12
- Minimum and maximum screw configurations for more capacity options
- Standard, left and right parts available for conditions occurring with or without cantilever or overhang: standard VGT, left-concealed VGTL, right-concealed VGTR (see image gallery for VGTL/R)
- 7 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Screw holes are configured to allow double installation on multimember girders
- Install washer component (provided) so top of washer is horizontal and parallel with top of wall