The WP is designed to support joists on purlins or beams and may be used for wood-to-wood or wood-to-steel applications. This top-flange hanger offers exceptional flexibility and versatility with the ability to be skewed up to 84° and/or sloped to a maximum of 45°. The WP is an economical choice with a low installed cost requiring a small number of nails for maximum downloads.
- Highly modifiable with alteration options including opened/closed top flange and offset top flange
- Top flange may be sloped to a maximum of 35° to accommodate a sloped header
- Features a solid one-piece top flange that provides extra stability in panelized roof applications
- Stirrup — 97 mil (12 ga.)
- Simpson Strong-Tie® gray paint. Some models available hot-dip galvanized; specify HDG. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners.
- The WP may be used for weld-on applications. The minimum-size weld is a 1 1/2″-long fillet weld to each side of the top flange; weld size to match hanger material thickness. See General Instructions for the Installer, note k for weld information. Weld-on applications have the maximum allowable capacity listed. Uplift loads do not apply to this application.
- Non-modified hangers can support joists sloped up to 1/4 :12 using table loads. For joists sloping between 1/4 :12 and 3/4 :12 use 85% of the table loads. See technical bulletin Sloped Joist in Non-Sloped Hangers (T-C-SLOPEJST).
- Web stiffeners are required for these hangers.
- If joist is shorter than hanger by more than 1/2″ use only 50% of the table loads.
- W and H dimensions are modifiable
Sloped and/or Skewed Seat:
- May be skewed to a maximum of 84° and/or sloped to a maximum of 45°.
- For slope only, skew only, or slope and skew combinations, the allowable load is 100% of the table load.
- Specify the slope up or down in degrees from the horizontal plane and/or the skew right or left in degrees from the perpendicular vertical plane. Specify whether low side, high side or center of joist will be flush with the top of the header.