The WSW-HSR is designed to work with WSW-AB and WSW-ABHS anchor bolts for attaching Strong-Wall wood shearwalls to concrete foundations. This high-strength rod kit allows for anchorage in tall stem wall applications where full embedment of a Strong-Wall wood shearwall anchor bolt into the footing is required. The head is stamped for identification with a No-Equal® symbol for identification, bolt length, bolt diameter and “HS” for high strength. The WSW-HSR is not for use in place of WSW-AB(HS) anchor bolts.
- Fixed-in-place compression nut to improve performance
- Head stamp for easy identification and inspection
- High-strength coupler for attachment to WSW-AB(HS)
- The kit includes ASTM A449 high-strength rod with heavy hex nut fixed in place and high-strength coupler nut.
- High strength (HS) ASTM A449
- Install coupler nut and high-strength all-thread rod with fixed nut on WSW-AB
- Install WSW-HSR and WSW-AB(HS) assembly before the concrete is poured using the appropriate WSW-RT template and supplied nut; locate per designer
- Install shear reinforcement before concrete is poured
- Foundation design by designer